After the ballot closed on Fri., Dec. 10, PROTEC17 Seattle members voted overwhelmingly to ratify the 2022 contract!
You can find the full contract HERE.
Your new benefits are summarized below. As for the 4% cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) for 2022, the City is currently testing the changes to the payroll system and will be confirming shortly that the wage adjustments will show up on your paychecks in the first pay period in 2022!
Highlights of the contract include:
- 4% Cost of living adjustment (COLA) starting the first pay period in January
- Juneteenth and Indigenous Peoples Day will be paid City holidays beginning in 2022
- The creation of a centralized and standardized Sick Leave Donation Program across all City departments
- The creation of a pilot program in 2022 that will allow employees to use leave banks to supplement the State Paid Family and Medical Leave to allow for full wage replacement
- Stronger telework language; temporary employees will be now be allowed access to telework
Congratulations to all members for securing a strong contract, and thank you to the bargaining team for negotiating this historic agreement, in which a tentative agreement was reached in just two sessions! If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to your Union Representative, or any member of the bargaining team: Loretta Alake, Rachael Brooks, Joey Bullock, Belinda Chin, Arabella Corcoro, Walker Dodson, Ulysses Hillard, Aimee Kimball, Jennifer Pierce, Fernando Platin, Amy Reichenbach, and Fabienne Zwerling.